June is officially over which is mildly concerning but I’m excited for July and I’m excited to talk about June with you all. I hope you had a great month.
Tell me something good about your month in the comments 🙂
City of Ghosts by Victoria Schwab//⭐⭐⭐// This was such a fun read and I read this on my way to Edinburgh and it is set in Edinburgh so it was perfect (this was planned). It made me really excited as the city was described and I knew I was going to be there soon. I also liked that it mentioned a bit of history of Edinburgh. Another thing I enjoyed was the main character Cassidy trying ‘Fish and Chips’ as it is a British thing so it was funny seeing someone try it for the first time. This isn’t a usual book I would go for it but it was what I expected it to be and it was a fun, easy read. Plus it has Harry Potter and Superhero references which I did adore. You can see my full mini-review on goodreads here.
Release by Patrick Ness//⭐⭐⭐⭐// I really enjoyed this book. The first Patrick Ness book that I read I wasn’t a big fan of so I was slightly unsure going in. But I really liked this story and I loved it being set on one day. It is a raw, emotional book that is written beautifully. Adam’s story was great and very honest as you got to see all the details of his life. It touches on being gay with very religious parents that aren’t open to it so it deals with some very real problems and I thought it was delivered well. There was a magical realism side which I didn’t get why it was there. It was written well and easy to read but I thought it was a bit unnecessary personally. Still a great book though. You can see my full review (and trigger warnings) on goodreads here.
The Written by Ben Galley//⭐⭐⭐// I posted a review for this on my blog here. This was a fantasy book where we follow Fardan who is trying to stop a war in his country. It is a interesting world which features some amazing dragons and interesting magick. Plus it features a cat which I am still very excited about. I think this was a really good debut book from the author and had many good elements in it.
Aristotle and Dante Discover The Secrets To The Universe by Benjamin Alire Sáenz//⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐//This is definitely one of my favourite books of the year and well EVER. It was so beautiful. I loved the story, the writing, the characters. Just ARRGGHHH. I don’t have the words *every book reviewers problem*!! Book review should be coming soon where I will be screaming about it again!!
How To Get Away With Murder Season 3//I am finally catching up with this show– I like the way this is filmed, it will definitely keeps you on the edge of your seat. It can be quite dark and it is complex but it is interesting to watch. Also all the characters are complex and diverse which is wonderful. This is an intense show but I do enjoy watching it.
Rocketman//TARON EGERTON SANG BRILLIANTLY IN THIS MOVIE. I do love musical biopics (give me more) and I thought this was a really good one. I like the way it told the story and it did have sad parts but overall it was an inspiring movie which captured the story well and was very cinematic. I do really recommend checking it out.
Community//Oops I accidentally watched it all//You know when you start a show and then you can’t be productive until you have finished it, this is what I did with this show. I’ve watched it all!! It is easy to watch and has some quirky ideas but I enjoyed watching it. I put it on in the background and I think it has some great jokes and fun characters. I am a fan of it!
Sex And The City//A classic show that I have never watched but I have now finished season 2. I find it really enjoyable and I like how the main four interact with each other and navigate situations. As much as it is a fun show, it also talks about real issues which I think it why it was so popular. I am really enjoying it actually, I am quite surprised. Question: if you’ve watched it, do you like Mr. Big?? (no spoilers please as I’m only on season 2)
I reached 300 followers on my blog and 1000 likes which is insane. Thank you so much!! I can’t begin to thank you. I always love talking to you about books and all the achievements that I never thought I would reach always make me feel really happy. So thank you so much!! ❤ ❤ *sends you all a massive slice of cake*
Also it have been my best month EVER for views which is insane because I felt like I have been less active. So THANK YOU AGAIN!! It’s incredible and you are all wonderful.
I also participated in my first ever BLOG TOUR which you might have seen around (Ben Galley Ultimate Blog Tour by The Write Reads) which was scary and amazing!! I can’t believe it really as it sounds so professional but it was great to be a part of!!
This months posts….
- May Wrap Up | Lots of Epic Ends And Maybe Some Not So Epic Ends?!?!
- The Curse of the Unbreakable Schedule!!
- Book Blogger Confessions Tag!!
- Bookish Tattoo’s I Would Get
- I Am The Messenger | Spoiler-Free Book Review (seriously you should read this)
- The Liebster Award
- The Mid-Year Freak Out Tag
- Movie Series: Romantic-Comedies
- BEN GALLEY ULTIMATE BLOG TOUR: The Written by Ben Galley | Spoiler-Free Review
- Charlotte @ Bewitching Books, Ravenous Reads shared a post about when she likes to read reviews and I agreed with what she said and thought it was a really interesting discussion that you should all check out.
- Mandy @ Book Princess Reviews posted a review for Technically, You Started It by Lana Wood Johnson which is a book told solely in text format (sounds interesting and amazing). I loved this review and it sounds like a cute book which is a quick, fun read.
- Margaret @ Weird Zeal did a review for I Wish You All The Best by Mason Deaver and it was a wonderful review and made me want to read it immediately. It sounds like a wonderful book!
- Miri @ The Book Dragoness shared some bookish habits that non-book lovers won’t get and it was a great post which I could definitely relate to and I think you will too.
- CW @ The Quiet Pond did a post about questions to answer and think about when writing a review which is so useful especially as reviews can be really hard to write (I am always staring at a blank page thinking why can’t I remember this book). This was a great resource which I really recommend checking out.
- Ngọc @ readwithngọc did a post about anticipated LGBT books and shared some great books with everyone. I am very excited about these releases and I got some new books brought to be attention which is GREAT!
- Lais @ The Bookish Skies shared a post on her favourite and least favourite romance tropes. I really like talking about romance tropes and I thought this was an excellent discussion post.
- Tiffany @ Read By Tiffany shared how to make pretty and aesthetic mood boards and it was a great post showing you how you should make them with wonderful tips. 100% recommend checking out!!
- Shri @ Sun and Chai wrote a post about own voices disability representation which I thought was a really important topic that is well worth the read. You should definitely follow Shri’s blog for more important posts– they are great and really well written.
- Kat @ Novels and Waffles shared a post about her favourite dedications which I adored because I love dedications and she had some wonderful ones.
My most exciting thing is that I went to Scotland earlier in the month (it was just for a week but it felt like I was gone for a month) and it was GREAT. Pictures from my trip are on my Instagram travel highlight. Here are a few points from my journey.
- I brought sunglasses with me, SO not necessary.
- Great food places: The Granary (on the shore), Mimi’s (on the shore), Cafe Edinburgh (on the Royal Mile)
- The Castle is amazing. Although we managed to walk past Mons Meg (a massive canon) and had to walk back around to find it, where it was right in out face. How did we miss it?!!? Also it was fun to learn some more history about Scotland.
- It was great to hear some Scottish accents!! I love the accent so much
- Arthur’s seat. We went up when it was very misty meaning I got completely wet and we couldn’t really see anything. But I like walking so it was good.
- The tour bus, I highly recommend. You get to see lots of the city and the ticket lasts for a day where you can hop on and off.
That’s all folks!!
Thank you so much for reading and I wish you an amazing July!!