Today I thought I would talk about the age old battle between paperback and hardback and about which one is the best???
And I am ready to talk about all the reasons
What inspired this post it that I had always preferred paperback and then I had a mini crisis and I couldn’t decided which one I preferred at all…. it was as stressful as it sounds.
- Easy to hold– paperbacks are gentle and easy to hold. They are willing to bend to what you need and would never hurt your hands.
- Take up less space– As much as I am sure we all want a massive personal library this isn’t the case for everyone. And paperback allow more room for more books or other less important stuff like food and clothes.
Stay away from paperbacks:
- Easily break the spine– breaking spines is one of my book hates. I must protect the spine at all costs (this is just personal to my books, with anyone else’s book they can do what they want) and with paperbacks this is a risk.
- Paperbacks are sometimes released months after the hardback so you have to wait for the paperback *readers are not good at waiting for their anticipated releases *cries* (also book publishers should definitely always release them at the same time– please)
We stan hardbacks:
- Look fancy– hardback have a massive visual appeal and I get this. They have special editions and are so pretty. I could stare at them all day. And of course I am drawn to them. Also you get two versions of with the dust jacket and without which is great!!
Can use them as a weapon and smash them into the face of your enemies
Hardbacks are my enemy:
- Dust Jackets are easily lost or damaged– dust jackets can suffer damage through usage, holding and any other activity you do with books which can be very sad. So you have to be gentle and care for them.
- More expensive– money, where are thou? Not in my purse and hardbacks are usually £5 plus more than paperbacks which can make quite a big difference when buying hundreds of books (of course I don’t do that)
Obviously all these are vice versa points to each other but I didn’t want to repeat myself.
If you think of any more reason tell me in the comments!!
So which one wins???? *long dramatic pause and drum-roll please*
*drum-roll still going*
PLOT TWIST: I love both and I don’t need a favourite. Sometimes I like the hardback because they are pretty and fancy but I love paperbacks because they are just as pretty and sometimes I prefer paperback additions. Also paperbacks are more practical. I don’t need a favourite. I appreciate them all. I feel better for making a decision.
So you know what question is coming….. Which do you prefer? Or do you like both like me? And why??